A problem with the roof of your commercial property can halt business for days. In any business, time is money. Shutting down for a few days could end up costing you thousands in lost profits, causing frustration among workers, and turning off potential customers and clients. At Red Owl Roofing Company, we understand the importance of having a dependable roof on your commercial property. In the instance that something goes wrong, we quickly address the issue by repair or replacement.
Possible Roofing Materials
There are numerous types of roofing material available today. Each one has various advantages and disadvantages. The right type of roof for your commercial building is dependent on the specifics of your situation. Following are some of the most common types of roofing.
• Asphalt roofing – The cheapest and most common type of roofing, you can see asphalt roofing all over Texas. Asphalt roofs are easy to install and repair because the material is extremely lightweight. They are also fire-resistant, which is especially important in dry areas of the country such as Texas. They are available in a variety of colors. However, asphalt is not the most environmentally sound option. Dents and other damage can cause them to wear out sooner than other materials.
• Wood shingles – Wood shingles provide a classic look that many people adore. Cedar is the most common material used for the shingles, because is better at withstanding the elements than other types of wood. Wood shingles are environmentally friendly and give your building a natural look. Wood shingled roofs can last between 30 and 50 years and still look great at the end of their lifespan, because they develop a silver or gray tone. One of the large downsides of using wood shingles on your roof is that they are usually expensive and can crack if undergoing pressure from the elements.
• Concrete or clay tiles – More durable and lasting than many other types of roofing, concrete and clay tiles have a very distinct look, and are available in many different colors. However, they are often quite heavy, making them more difficult to install and more expensive.
• Metal roofs – These days, most companies manufacture metal roofs from steel or aluminum. Because of an amazing ability to hold up to aggressive weather conditions, they can last over 50 years. Metal roofs also require less maintenance, and are environmentally friendly. The main downside of using metal roofing is that it can be expensive and may require re-painting at various points to keep it from rusting.
• Slate – Slate roofing is very low maintenance and looks clean and polished. It can stand up to the elements and is available in a variety of colors. However, it can be difficult to install so slate is often more expensive.
Red Owl Roofing Company has experience working with commercial buildings throughout the Austin area. Our specialists understand the importance of your business having a perfect roof that looks appealing and can withstand Texas weather conditions. Contact Red Owl Roofing for more information about commercial roofs and why we are the ideal roofing company for you and your business.